Friday, March 30, 2012

Light Reading ...

So I may just have to start reading again. I found a book series I may actually like once again and that I am more than excited to get my hands on....for 30 dollars for the 3 book set on amazon i may just have to buy it. 
Sooooo*takes long breath* here is my funny story... I was just watching TV in the room with my biological mom and she is reading on her kindle. I asked her what she was reading she said some best seller book called "50 shades of Grey" only a few chapters in she told me I would like it because it reminded her of twilight. Well after she got past chapter five I hear "ummmmmmmm......ummm...OH my....OH MY GOD" her eyes are wide and starring intently at the kindle . So of course I ask what the issue was and she said "this book just took the weirdest damn turn" and now all but blocked out my tv show clearly intruiged by what my mom thought was weird. I guess the male lover in the book has the main character sign a dominance and submission contract telling her that she had to obey him in all aspects, eating, clothing, shaving, sex.... and if she didn't follow punishments would ensue(or so I gathered from her reading and excerpt out loud)


....by this point I was now totally immersed and wanting to know more. I spent the next 5 to 10 minutes looking up the book because I WANTED to read it while my mom is in the background stammering "are there really people like this in the world....oh my god..." she knows I am a spanko and when I told her that a situation like that is a branch of what my own lifestyle she looked like I had just taken away five years of her life in a heart attack. My bio dad then entered the moment with "a branch of YOUR lifestyle...jesus angel it better be a twig that is some scary shit" after that I just smiled and left the room.
I told her later my face totally red that I had read fanfiction that had a similar vibe and that while it totally mortified me that she was now reading this book intently it made me know that if there is a god he has a damn good sense of humor and thinks i needed a freaking great laugh! 


.....I am one day away from seeing my dad. SOOO excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment